Monday, June 11, 2012

A Little More About the Quilt!

I thought I would give you all a little more information about my trip so that you know where your raffle money is going. This will hopefully encourage you all to buy more tickets! (Hint Hint) Here are the places I will be going at what I will be doing while there! Thanks for your support!

Switzerland
  • Tour Zurich
  • Visit Scoul
  • Learn avour and tour teh 400 year old mill in Ftan
  • Go White Water Rafting in Scoul
  • Learn some of Switerlands 4th offical language
  • Walk through a forest to get to the village of Sur En
  • Help clear shrubs from forest floor in Sent
  • Explore the city of Lucerne
Germany
  • Visit the factory where famous German Cuckoo Clocks are made
  • Do a service project at a river in Freiburg
  • Stay 3 days with a family in Heidelberg and do what they do which might include going to school with the children, visiting the market with the mom or helping in the community
  • Tour the Castle of Heidleberg
  • Visit the town of Ruedesheim
  • Take a cruise down the Rine River while seeing small castles including the famous Lorelei
Netherlands
  • See the great Catherdreal in the city of Cologne
  • Visit Ann Frank's house and learn about her
  • Explore Amsterdam during a canal cruise
  • Experiance how the Dutch clogs are made as well as their cheese
Belgium
  • Enjoy mansions of The Hague and the Peace Palace as well as the Court of Justice
  • Visit Kinderdijk, a 17th century windmill park
France
  •  Explore Chateau de Versailles
  •  Ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower
  • Go to an orientation in Ernest Hemingway called the Movable Feast
  • Visit historic Montmartre area and Basilique du Sacre Coeur
  • Meet a witness of WWII
  • Visit the Beaches of Normandy and the cemetery for soldiers
Great Britin
  • Visit Hampton Court Palace and the Tower of London
  • Tour London
  • Exerience the London Eye
  • See the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace
  • Attend a parliamentary briefing with a British member of Parliment
  • Enjoy one of London's great musical shows in the heart of the West End
These are only some of the amazing experiences I will be having but I hope its enough to show you that your money is going to a good cause! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Jers this was awesome to read I didn't eden know all the awesome oppertunities this trip was going to provide! Love the martinz family p.s. This is walter sending you kisses:)

    ReplyDelete